About the Commercial Solar Guy
I enjoy the topic of solar power, and exploring ways of investing in solar energy. The mix of politics, physics, economics and evolution makes it a very compelling subject.
Broadly speaking, I consider it my responsibility to communicate the complexities of a solar power plant's financial model and engineering challenges, as well as to guide projects through a multiple agent permitting process, all while keeping the owner well-educated and in the loop.
- John Fitzgerald Weaver, the Commercial Solar Guy
Day to Day activities at Commercial Solar Guy include:
- Solar Industry Cost Consultation - Describing what it costs to invest in solar energy, from the nuts and bolts of a project, to solar panels, to labor and long term operations and maintenance
- Project Financial Modeling - Demonstrating, via Microsoft Excel, solar incentives, tax benefits, and energy savings
- Project Development - Negotiating for you to get respectable, full service engineering and contracting professionals
- Project Management - Doing the work needed to get your project from the paperwork stage to the start of construction (NTP).
- Actionable Information Consulting - Delivering market-conscious solar industry information to financial professionals
- Civil & Site Engineering & Permits: Development of construction quality document package supporting contracting team.
- Learn more about my process for commercial solar installation
- 250 kW, 1 acre, ground mount in Norfolk, MA - landowner paid annual lease payment for 20 years
- 125 kW, 10,000 square feet, rooftop in New Bedford, MA - business owner will save 85% on their electricity bills
- 692 kW, 60,000 square feet, rooftop in Brewster, MA - business owner earning six figures for twenty years
- 50 kW plus 40 kWh battery, rooftop in California - business owner to save 95% on their electricity bill
Everyone knows the environmental benefits of going green, but John taught us the financial benefits of a commercial solar installation. We’re combining solar power, batteries, and car chargers. It’s a complex project, with multiple moving parts. John said his advice was more peace of mind than anything else, and in the end he was right.
California business owner, System – 57kW Solar plus 20/40kWh Energy Storage
I feel like the decision we made – reaching out to John after reading about him online – was the right decision. We’re expecting to earn six figures in the first year, and for twenty years from our roof, because of solar power.
Business Owner, Secure Storage, Brewster
If you’re considering solar power I highly recommend consulting with John Weaver. His knowledge and expertise are invaluable.
Interior Plantscape Designer, Kelly Mac Interiorscapes
Going green CAN save green, but it’s a minefield that we need people like John to help us navigate. I can’t thank him enough for thinking this through with me.
James Hammons Jr.
home owner, Texas
John’s deep Solar Market knowledge, developer insight, and most importantly his cost-saving and cost-effective consulting, has helped us tremendously in framing our understanding of a company we are charged with vetting for Investment. I highly recommend commercial companies to engage John as an intelligent and cost-effective protective-measure when vetting commercial and utility-scale solar proposals and projects.
Principal Analyst , Handley & Co.
Want to know more?
Contact me today to set up a 15-minute call. I'll do a preliminary design and rough pricing to determine if we are a good fit.